Camp Frank A. Day
Overnight Camp for Boys and Girls Ages 7-15
Overnight camping, like many Y programs, is about learning skills, developing character and making friends. It is a place where kids can take a break from busy schedules and get outside and do what kids do best—have fun! Few environments are as special as overnight camp, where kids become a community as they learn how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group.
Through physical, social and educational activities, camping also teaches self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership—all amidst the fun of camp fires, bugle calls, canoeing, soccer matches, archery and talent shows.
Camp Frank A. Day is celebrating is 100th anniversary!
Camp Frank A. Day has been owned and operated by the West Suburban YMCA in Newton, MA since 1916. Located in East Brookfield, MA—just one hour west of Boston and easily accessible from I-90 or Route 84—the camp encompasses over 52 acres of natural woodlands and lake-front with an extensive beach area. We have tennis courts, three basketball courts, an arts & crafts building, playing fields, a climbing tower, modern yet rustic cabins, a rec center with covered stage, and an historic dining hall. As a Y camp, our staff are certified in CPR and First Aid and embrace the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Two-week Sessions - a two-week stay at Camp Frank A. Day is the perfect amount of time for campers to develop new skills through a variety of land and water activities, make new friends and become part of a community.
- Minicamp is designed for campers who would like to sample the world of overnight camp before making an extended commitment. Over three days and two nights our attentive CFAD counselors will gently guide our youngest campers through all of the ins and outs of the overnight camp experience.
- Adventure Camp is an action-packed week that combines the best of on and off-site activities. During that week you will experience camping out at our tent village and cooking dinner around a fire, canoe paddles across the regions three lakes as well as unforgettable field trips to high ropes courses and sports adventure and discovery water parks! It is the perfect combination of camp and adventure!
- LEADER-In-Training (LIT) - Our Leader-in-Training program provides our oldest campers (age 16) a way to transition from camper to counselor. LITs assist counselors in daily operations, programming and camper supervision. In this leadership role, LITs also learn to mentor and act as role models for our younger campers. LITs participate in camp service projects and develop new skills while enjoying the excitement of summer camp!
- Family Camp is a great time to reconnect as a family without the distraction of computers, TVs and busy schedules. All meals, lodging and activities are included.